Our Connection with God
by Pastor Joe Schiren

Last week, I wrote about my connection to the world around and how it fills me with wonder. I hope you make time in your life to observe and react to the world around you. God, in his grace, did not place us in a dull, boring environment, but one full of marvels.

Expanding the idea of connections, I think about my connection to God. This connection fills me with hope and peace. Think for a moment about your connection with God.  Our connections to God are very personal and private realities. While we may proclaim them publicly, and celebrate them in a collective setting (church), and even experience them through other people, our connections to him take place in the deepest cores of our being. For me, I speak to God in the silence of the night and from that place within me that no one else ever sees. A line from the Psalms seems appropriate here: “On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me” (Psalm 63:6-8). Much of my connection to God I experience privately and very deeply. In that private connection I know that no matter what happens around me, and no matter whether I succeed or fail, God will never leave me nor forsake me. “Oh no, you never let go,” is part of a song we sing in church, and that truth gives me hope and peace.

What is the core of your connection with God? Where and how do you experience him the most? What does this connection do for you? Add your comment below and join the conversation.

Pastor Joe Schiren is the Worship and Connections Pastor at the Potsdam Church of the Nazarene.

1 comment:

  1. My core connection with God is early mourning worship, and scipture reading declaring his glory and goodness in me and my family life. I experience God the most in situations were there is no where else to turn but to God, the trials, of life ,the storms, them dry places. I look back to only say : BUT GOD only recued me " To all glory and praise,

    ReplyDelete